Saturday, September 7, 2013

#49: Test Pilot


     The Test Pilot is another drink I had to wait for the Hut to have the right ingredients for, and for the 2nd drink of my 30th birthday, I got lucky.  That is, until I tasted it.  At no fault of the Hut, this drink just isn't my flavor.  Reminiscent of the Beachcombers Gold, anytime you have a combination of pernod and bitters, you're gonna have something pretty sour.  Combine that with two kinds of dark-ish rum, and you get a drink that is not only tough to taste, but tough to handle.

  • 1/2 ounce fresh lime juice
  • 1/2 ounce Falernum
  • 3 teaspoons Cointreau
  • dash Angostura bitters
  • 1/8 teaspoon Pernod
  • 3/4 ounce light Puerto Rican rum
  • 1 1/2 ounces dark Jamaican rum

     I don't imagine I'll be taking the Test Pilot for another spin any time soon, but I'm glad to have it finished.  On to the next.

No comments:

Post a Comment