Saturday, September 7, 2013

#48: Missionary's Downfall


     Kicking off my 30th birthday celebration at Tonga Hut, is a drink I had been saving, the Missionary's Downfall.  With a name like that, I imagined it has to be awesome, and I was not disappointed.  At a place like Tonga Hut where fresh ingredients are a staple, a drink like this is a must-have, where the major core is pineapple and mint, lots of mint.

  • 1 oz White Rum
  • ½ oz Peach Brandy
  • 1 oz Honey Mix (1 part honey into one part boiling water, cooled and bottled)
  • ½ oz Fresh Lime Juice
  • ¼ cup Fresh diced Pineapple
  • ¼ cup Tightly packed fresh mint
  • ¾ cup crushed ice
     The result is a minty, citrus-y, very refreshing drink with a mild sweetness.  In the photo above, you can see the unique look to this minty cocktail, the mint and pineapple influence pretty transparent in the presentation.  Overall, extremely good, something I would love to revisit from the Grog Log.  

No comments:

Post a Comment