Sunday, November 24, 2013

I'm a Bastard!!


    On November 17th, 2013 around 7pm, after many wonderful Tiki recipes, I was finally crowned a member of the Loyal Order of the Drooling Bastard!  Here, Syd dons my Buckoff necklace as various Tiki patrons look on, most of which are drooling bastards themselves.  The Tonga Hut bastard bell is rung, the announcement is made, and the ceremony is completed!


The pomp & circumstance for the occasion was greater than I could have imagined, I had many very generous LODB members coming up to congratulate me as if I had just graduated college!  Drooling Bastard member and site photographer, Tom D. Kline, even invited me to sit with the many current members for an initiation photo.  Very cool.


The journey of the Grog Log is now over.  All that is left, is to design & create my plaque for the wall, which I'll be sure to post about once that sucker goes up.  Now I can go back to tasting the amazing specials that the Tonga Hut bartenders have created!  Joining me for my final night of Grog Log are several visiting patrons from the journey.  Including my very good friends Katie & Matt Flynn, my long time schoolmate & campus TV cohort Nick palmer, Jessica Forer with whom I first visited the Hut in the first place, and of course my co-captain Mike McKee, who was there for the beginning of the list, and is now here at the end.  Thanks everyone for coming, thanks for reading, and until next time, Cheers and Okole Maluna!


No comments:

Post a Comment