Friday, August 2, 2013

#43: Q.B. Cooler


     Rarely do I go for 4 in the same night, but having visited The Local Peasant beforehand, I was well prepared.  The finale for this week was the long-awaited Q.B. Cooler.  This is a complex drink, and appropriately so as it contains about a billion ingredients.  Orange juice, Club soda, Jamaican Rum, Puerto Rican Rum, Lime Juice, Honey mix, Demerara Rum, Falernum, Bitters and Ginger Syrup.  Some folks claim this drink reminds them of a Mai Tai, and I'm not sure I can agree.  This has an extremely strong tang/bitter quality to it, whereas a mai-tai is generally a bit sweeter.  Not my favorite on the Log, but an interesting flavor experience.  Meanwhile, the gang finished up the Tonga Punch bowl, bringing this week to a close.  Until next time, Okole Maluna!


No comments:

Post a Comment